Monday, March 25, 2013

SOOOO the MTC is almost done!

Talking to mom!

Dear Family and Friends,

My family, it was so good to talk to you!  We got a little time to email and do laundry today because we won't have another p-day for a week.  I would say that I don't have a lot to write, but that would be a lie.  I actually have tons to write, to the point that I have nothing to write because I don't think that I could ever get it all out. 

First off, I am so sad to leave my district.  They are like my family here.  Hermana Bangerter left this afternoon and we all cried so hard.  She's just reassigned to Provo so her mission president and his wife picked her up at the front desk.  Before we left the residence we said a prayer with all of the Hermanas.  Heavenly Father has blessed me with some great sisters let me tell you.  Then, we walked down stairs and met up with our Elders and walked her to the information desk.  When we got there we said a prayer in a circle with our district (minus Elder Summers who left this morning before class).  It was the greatest feeling to know that over these last six weeks we have learned how to be worthy of the spirit and help people come unto Christ.  I have no doubt that district 23E will make a difference where ever we end up getting to serve.  Hopefully we can all get to Argentina soon!

Two missions--SLC and Buenos Aires!
Salt Lake City is going to be an adventure! I have just decided that it is extended training.  I have only been in the MTC for 6 weeks, and for the next 6 weeks or so I will just be furthering my training out in the field but not quite in Argentina yet.  I am sure that it is part of the plan.  Heavenly Father knew that I needed to have a little more experience so that I didn't have a heart attack in Argentia.  Or maybe someone down there needs a little more time before I come knocking on their door-that sounds a little more like it :)

My Spanish is not so good yet, but I am improving everyday.  I pray that I will be able to speak Spanish in Salt Lake, or Argentina might be nuts.

Pray that I can fit everything into my bags tomorrow; it will be rough.

Thank you everyone for letters.  I seriously cherish every one.  It will most likely be a week until my next p-day so I hope that this whole transition will go smoothly.  Everyone read the scriptures, and Choose the Right.

XOXO,
Hermana Walker
Salt Lake City?
President and Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment