Saturday, February 16, 2013

First Letter From the MTC


Hola Familia!

So by the letter you got today, I'm sure you've seen that I have forgotten some stuff. I have yet to make a list, but mostly I just need workout shoes so please send those asap.  It is the 4th day, and I am already upset that I do not know Spanish. Even in the beginner class I am like the worst one.  We taught our investigator Marley last night, and I only had about three phrases that I could remember to say.  SO ya Spanish is hard.  Also hard is waking up at 6:30 in the morning.  Luckily, I have the greatest roommates in the world so that is really helpful.  My companion is Hermana Nielsen, you guessed it mom, her first name is Tona (like tone with an a).  We work really well together; I already love her, and our roommate Hermana Bangerter is nice as well. Hermana Cook is a little quiet, but we are all slowly getting to know her.  My district has 6 Elders and 6 Hermanas--all going to Argentina, aka the Promised Land haha.  I wish I could tell you all the crazy stories because there are some hilarious people here, but I don't have time.  I love all the Hermanas, and I love all of the Elders, I feel like they are Marc and Nick!  Sometimes I just want to give them a hug though because I think they are starting to get homesick.

Speaking of homesick I am the only one of my roommates who has not had an emotional breakdown.  It is just because I am such an emotional rock. :-) I am starting to realize however that 18 months is a long time, and I am not sure how this is all going to work.  I love packages though! Everyone thinks I am popular because of my DearElders on the first day.  Keep them coming; it looks lame when you don't get any letters or packages.  If you want to, you could also send some snacks for after dinner because we eat at 4:30 and don't go to bed until 10:30. My normal p-day will be on Friday, but today is our first mini p-day.  I don't even have any laundry to do yet.  Sorry dad I did not send this to your email because I do not know it, or anyone else in the family for that matter. So send me a list of emails and address I should know por favor. ALSO, I NEED PICTURES!!! The ones I left in dads car plus any other pictures that you can send me.  No body knows what any of my friends or family look like because I have zero pictures.  Luckily, I have friends here in the MTC or they would think that I am a loser. 

Lexi was my host on the first day.  That is the only time I have cried since getting here, it was just so great to see her.  The first day I saw Lexi, Melissa, Trevor, Jessie, and many other people I know.  I've started carrying around my camera more so that I can snap some more pictures.  All I sent today were some pictures of my district.  Mostly I just want you to notice my "universal accessory" aka my nametag. haha! And my super awesome Valentines day outfit.  Red shirt, Pink sweater, flower skirt and cheetah shoes.  The only one who commented on my outfit the whole day was Trevor when I passed him in the hallway. haha. 

Anyways, I love you all.  I better have emails in my inbox when I get on next time. ALSO, I NEED TO KNOW HOW ELECTIONS WENT!!! Give me information. I am stuck in voluntary prison!

Thanks for the DearElders on the first day mom, dad, grandma, and Anna, they were great.  Thanks as well for the cookies!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Walker
My District!
The Sisters!

Hermana Nielsen, me, Hermana Bangerter, Hermana Cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment