Monday, June 17, 2013

And I'm off . . . to Salt Lake


Hello,

I am writing you an email, which means I am not on my way to Argentina. This week we had a wedding on Friday and a baptism on Saturday. Sister Cleveland was in a trio with Sister Adorable and I after we dropped off Sister Arias at Temple Square. Transfers are this Wednesday.  I am being transferred.  The A.P.'s are our friends, and really worried about me so they told me where I am getting transferred.
My new area is Sister Adorable’s last area.  She said it is nice. It is in the new Utah Salt Lake City East Mission (our mission was divided), so I won't be in the same mission with Sister Adorable and Elder Verges anymore;(  Because they assume that I am leaving soon, they are putting me in a trio with the Spanish training sisters, Sister Guerra and . . . Sister Corrales!  I am excited to be with Sister Corrales again, but both of them are native Spanish speakers so that will be an adventure.  I am just happy that the A.P.'s love sister Adorable and I so they told me where I am going before transfers. Knowing about being with Sister Corrales again made this day bearable.  

Sister Nielsen, Elder Morgan, and I are all staying. One Elder got a phone call on Friday and he left this morning.  So I could literally be leaving any day.  But who knows what the new mission president will want--for me to leave right away or wait for transfers?

Still I’m kinda down today.  You don’t even know how hard this morning was.  I had to go to the drop off of all the missionaries leaving, wake up at 4 in the morning, and see them all there with their travel plans and everything.  And saying bye to Sister Cleveland was super rough too.

Mom, your letter was awesome, it came at the perfect time, thanks. I liked the Maxwell quote especially. “Patience is not indifference. Actually, it is caring very much, but being willing, nevertheless, to submit both to the Lord and to what the scriptures call the “process of time.” Patience is tied very closely to faith in our Heavenly Father. Actually, when we are unduly impatient, we are suggesting that we know what is best—better than does God. Or, at least, we are asserting that our timetable is better than his.”

I just need my mom here at this time to take me to buy new shoes and make everything better:) 

There was some great news this week.  We finally had America and Jose’s wedding and Jose’s baptism.  America is a member Jose was not, and it has been kinda a combined effort of all the missionaries in our ward to get them married and baptized transfer.  Their house is like our mission home.  They are awesome; we planned the whole wedding.  It was great.  I did America's hair.  Jose was so excited to be married. It was cute. And when he showed up to be confirmed on Sunday instead of his jeans and cowboy boots, he was wearing a suit, a white shirt, and a tie.  He is going to be an awesome member of the church.

Another good thing was we went to the cemetery last Wednesday; it was cool.  We were walking through seeing all of the church history and hearing cool stories and our tour guide stopped and pointed at a bit of grass in the middle with no marker and said this is where Sister Monson is buried.  She doesn't have a headstone yet.  We just all stood there for a while in silence.  It was weird because a cemetery should be sad, but one with that much history was happy.  Those people made a big difference.  Angels were there for sure.

I don't have a lot to more say.  So I am just going to send you a bunch of pictures.  Kind of a week in the life of a Sister Missionary photo journal. Have a great week.

Love you all so much,

Hermana Chloe
Tuesday--a little district meeting
Wednesday--walking around the cemetary after we dropped off Sister Arias at Temple Square.
Thursday--My Crazy District!!
Friday--Doing America's hair for the wedding :)

Friday--The wedding!
Saturday--the baptism!

Saturday--great big goodbye photo shoot with America, Jose, and all the missionaries in my ward!
Sunday--Elder Morgan and I didn't get travel plans so we are both staying.  Elder Morgan was in my district at the MTC :)
Sunday--Elder Verges crying so he can't take a picture with me :)
Sunday--Sister Cleveland and I smiling through tears.  Sister Cleveland left for Argentina.
Sunday--Elder Morgan and I saying goodbye to Elder Blotter who also left for Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment