Monday, July 8, 2013

Five months!

Hola!

This was a super fun week! Especially with the 4th of July!  We had an all day p-day. Bummer though, I had to go to the doctor again. What was the random problem I had this time?! Eye abrasions! Seriously I had cuts on my right eye. I guess I’m not used to walking around all the time with no sunglasses.  And then the mission doctor gave me a prescription for eye drops with sulfa in it.  And as you know, mom, I’m allergic to sulfa antibiotics, so then it was worse. So ya, with my two prescriptions and a trip to an urgent care I have now dropped 120 more dollars on random illnesses. Yes, bummer.

On the 4th of July we just did random stuff in the morning, and then at 3 we went to a park where there was a mission party.  It was fun.  Funny story though.  When we were all just sitting there, some people were messing around with little squirt guns that they were filling up with a hose.  I didn’t really feel like getting squirted, but I was just ignoring them.  Then, I was just sitting there and from behind the entire igloo cooler of ice water was poured on my head.  It was so full it went for on about 5 seconds.  Longest five seconds of my life.  My head was down while the water was pouring.  Everyone was gasping, and I could feel the entire mission looking at me.  I realized that this could be no big deal, or it could be the most embarrassing moment of my mission.  When the water stopped, everyone watched for my reaction.  I am sure that the two stupid elders who did it wanted tears.  Determined not to give them the reaction they wanted, I stood up, did a hair flip (don't worry my hair still looked fabulous), picked up the hose and sprayed them down until they were soaking wet!  Then the entire mission broke out into a water fight for about an hour.  By the end everyone was soaking wet, and giving me high fives. So ya, it all ended up better than okay! And it was not the most embarrassing moment of my mission.  After the water fight, we went to another church with a grass volleyball court and played.  I didn't tell anyone I was bad at volleyball, and my team actually won quite a few games. It was awesome.  Fake it till you make it!

The day after we had an awesome Zone Meeting.  It was about the importance of the apostasy, and different ways to teach it.  Our Zone leaders gave us a glow stick each and had us go into the gym to look for the truth.  There were tables and chairs set up in the blackness, and little signs that we could go up to and just light up enough to read. The little signs said a name of another religion or some gospel truth that was lost.  Then after about 5 minutes, from the corner of the room a little DVD player started playing a restoration video.  Everyone could see just enough to walk over to the video and then we congregated there by the video.  The restoration literally cut through the darkness for us.  It was an awesome visual, and now I love teaching the apostasy even more than I did before.  In Zone meeting, we also learned of new rules.  Our mission president (President Eberhardt--that’s how his name is spelled) just came out of the MTC, so he has been instructed on all the new mission rules. One of them is we need a side bag.  Over the next 6 months supposedly all backpacks are going to be phased out of the mission field for elders and sisters. Go check out the new dress and grooming standards.  So ya, mom I need a side pack.  I don't care if it is a cute one or an anti theft one. Sorry, I always feel like I am asking for things.

On Sunday we had 5 people at church!! That is so awesome, and our investigators are really progressing with 4 people now on date.  I love this area.  There are so many people who are humble and looking for the gospel.  Most people we meet we ask them why they came to Utah.  Almost all say they don't know why, they just did. Most don't even have family here.  It is really cool.  We are working with two young families right now.  Both of the couples are pregnant due in 3 months, and one couple already has a 2 year old.  The whole future of their families are going to be changed.  Sometimes I pray at night that those two little unborn baby boys in heaven will help the hearts of their families be changed.  It is weird but I can always feel how happy they are every time we have a lesson with their moms and dads.

I love missionary work.  This week I rededicated myself to studying preach my gospel, because I want to always be the kind of missionary that is rapidly improving.  That is one little powerful book.  When I know what I am supposed to be doing as a missionary I am able to pray more specifically for blessings, and become a better missionary.  And my prayers are specific right now.  I am in desperate need of certain blessings. Thank you all for your prayers.  I can feel them.  I can't believe that I missed the 4th of July party at our house.  We can have a redo 4th of July party in August next year when I get home.

I am so excited for the missionaries back home.  I want you to send me a picture of the missionary board by the bishop’s office when everybody is out.  Or you can just keep sending me pictures as it gets more full.  It makes me happy to think of all of us out in the world doing the same thing :)  

Thanks for the email dad and mom.  Mom, thanks for keeping my blog updated.

Mom, make sure everyone knows to write me at the mission office. (That is the address on this blog on the top left.)
Camron, random question but it gives me anxiety to the point that I haven't asked yet.  Did you get all the pictures off our old computer? If not, could you do that? I would appreciate it.

Love you all! 
xoxo
Hermana Chloe

PS.  I had a super fun week, and this week should be fun, too :) We have Zone Conference on Wednesday, and tomorrow I am going on splits with the sister training leaders.  Should be fun!



Happy 4th of July!


Hermana Guerra and Hermana Walker
After the water fight with the Elder who instigated it all.  I do enjoy a good water fight on the 4th of July :)

No comments:

Post a Comment