Monday, May 13, 2013

The Dream Team--Hermana Adorable and I


Dear Friends and Family,

Since we talked on Skype yesterday I don't have much to say.  It was so great to talk to you all and see your faces.  A little hard but great!

So this Wednesday we had transfers, and sadly Sister Corrales was moved to Salt Lake to train in English. Lame. But now I have Sister Adorable!!! Yes, that is her real name; it is pronounced Ah-door-ah-blay. We are like the same person. Sister Adorable  is me in filipino form, and she is my new best friend! So now we are killing it here in Layton.  We have two people on date, and on Thursday we found 6 new families.  So we are off to a great start. (Check out Sister Adorable's blog  http://hermanaadorable.blogspot.com)

Sister Adorable and I think we got food poisoning last night because we both are feeling super, super sick right now.  That is probably why nothing I say right now is making sense.  We moved houses after transfers, and moved into a little town house!!!!  Awesome huh?!  Sister Cleveland is still our roommate, and her companion is a Temple Square Sister. 

Elder Verges is our district leader now.  He was AP last transfer and is awesome.  He's from Cordoba Argentina!  He is teaching me all about Argentina!  Basically, I am the most blessed missionary ever.  I went from one awesome companion to the next, and one awesome district leader to the next. AMAZING!  

We spent Saturday in the hospital with sister Cleveland because she cut her ankle open  on her bike and had to get stitches.  She's gonna be fine, but that was the excitement for the week.

I love Layton.  I hear I might be leaving for Argentina on June 13th. (I don't know if I have my visa yet, but I am expecting it any day.)  I was really upset about the delay in going to Argentina, but I really love my companion.  So all is well.  And I love this gospel.  I know that it is true.  I know Jesus Christ is the only way to find happiness.  I know that because of the restoration, we have the power of God on the earth today.  I have noticed that people have a hard time referring their friends to the missionaries.  It is easy to think about random people being taught but not your closest friends.  DO NOT GET STUCK IN THAT TRAP.  What is the worst thing that could happen? They could say no.  Everyone needs the opportunity to choose for themselves.  No one can exercise their agency without first being invited.  

I love you all.  Let the strengthening power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ help you through this week.  The gospel is not hard, life is hard.  The Lord's way is not hard.  

xoxo,
Hermana Chloe

PS.  Good news.  Sister H.'s husband came home.  He got almost all the way to Mexico, but decided to come home.  What a blessing!  Also, I think this is going to be a long, hard week, and I would really appreciate some letters :) (Her new address is listed above.)

No comments:

Post a Comment