Friday, March 15, 2013

Light at the End of the MTC Tunnel

Hola Familia!

This has been a great week.  The sun was shining yesterday to the point that I could actually feel heat.  Nuts huh?

My whole district got letters that we are going to be reassigned yesterday, so by next Thursday I should know where I am going!  I don't know whether I am bummed or relieved, because Argentina is so scary!!! None of us has met with the consulate, so I am pretty sure our visas aren't even in process. They literally don't tell us anything here, and we leave in 9 days and have yet to meet with the consulate, so ya I’d really like to go to the church travel office and help them with their efficiency.  I know, I know, patience = not my strength :)  

We got two new girls in our room this week, making a grand total of 6 girls. They are going to California somewhere and leave the same day we do, even though they just got here this week.  Although I am still not sure, if we are ever going to leave.

Our “practice investigators” are progressing, and both now have baptismal dates. Bueno.  My Spanish still sounds like Tow-mater on that ride at cars land. (Dad you can fill mom in.) It's cool though; our investigators are the most important part, not the Spanish.  My district is currently dying.  One Elder is sick with pneumonia.  Another Elder's face keeps blowing up like a balloon, and he gets hives.  And everyone else has the miscellaneous cold/cough.  We have decided that everyone has the MTC virus-it’s exhaustion/malnutrition/stress/dehydration.  

We are now the oldest district in our zone.  We got a new district this week, and I actually had met one of the girls before.  Over Christmas break when Lexi and I went to the temple, she was taking out her endowments in that session, and we talked after.  And now she's in our zone! 

I promise that I am having a spiritual crescendo of growth right now even though I don't really write much about it.  I have always had a hard time expressing the things that are most important to me.  One of our investigators (Noemi) has two children.  As we teach about the Atonement it is very family based.  I have started thinking about the Atonement in my life that way.  I cannot believe that Christ died for me, the reality of that will probably never sink in for the rest of my life.  But the part that really gets me is that he has died for my children.  The children that I do not even have yet.  I can serve the whole rest of my life and never repay the brother that died for the sins my children have yet to commit. If I did not feel completely debited to him before, I definitely do now.

Lexi's area sounds crazy!  If anyone can help the work thrive there that girl can!!

Tell Nick thanks for his letter.  As far as shirts, my two favorites are "I solemly swear that I am up to no good" and "BCHS. Hotter than Emma Watson" also I was thinking that instead of Walker on the back of their shirts Marc and Nick should get Fred and George.  I am going to write Nick back a letter today with more detail.

Thank you so much for the Cupcakes! I know you have sent me a ton of packages I was just giving you a hard time.  Wednesdays are always a hard day so the cupcakes definitely helped.  I will send you the list of things I need when I email later, I forgot to bring my list to the laundry room this morning.  If you have anymore questions send them and I will write you back then!

And if there are any more cute long skirts from JJill that would be much appreciated, because I wear mine all the time.  Seriously everyone loves the longer skirts.

LOVE YOU!! Thanks everyone for all the dearelders. Talk to you soon!! 

xoxo,

Hermana Chloe

PS.  Shout out to the boys of Boulder City who got their mission calls today!!! Congratulations Kaleb, Braize, Tanner and Chris.  Welcome to the coolest club, God's Army!!

Here are some pictures of my ladies!! I am honored to call them friends!!!

Hermana Bangerter and Hermana Walker "Checkerboard Twin Day"
"This is how we make wearing the same skirts all the time a little bit more exciting!"
Sister Morgan Allred-a good friend from Freshman year at BYU!
One of my new best friends, Hermana Morley.  Had to say goodbye to her on Monday.  Muy triste ;(
Companions:)

The Argentinian Princesses--Hermans Bangerter, Walker, and Nielsen
Argentinian Princesses in Real Life :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, never a dull moment in the MTC. I can't wait to hear where they are sending Sister Walker, but wherever she goes, she'll do great things! Thanks for the blog Michele, I'll be checking back soon:)

    ReplyDelete