Monday, January 20, 2014

Busy week

I'm emailing a little late because I was in the office all morning.  Good news I got the package with the soup mixes and seasoning packets! Maybe I will have more to eat now. I was getting tired of eggs, plain rice, and apples. Haha. Today we have been in Buenos Aires all day doing stuff to try and get my ID--my Argentine ID. It looks like a drivers license. I either have to have an ID or be in the process of getting my ID to stay in the country. I am staying with Hermana Hicken in the apartment of another set of hermanas here in Buenos Aires tonight.  We have more paper work tomorrow, and then I'll go back to 9 de Julio tomorrow night.

Sounds like you had a busy weekend with birthday parties and everything, it has been crazy here too.  I am sick from not sleeping, our bus left at 1:30 in the morning, and because it is so hot that sometimes I think that I am going to die. I'm trying to do my best; it's hard sometimes not to get discouraged that my best isn't good enough; lately I am very aware of my inadequacies. With the Lord's help, I have learned more than I thought possible. Still, I'm worried 6 months isn't enough time left. My time in Argentina seems so short.

But things are going good, I guess.  I wasn't transferred :-) Hermana Cordova and I are both staying in 9 de Julio.  I love 9 de Julio. I have been in 9 de Julio for 3 1/2 months, and I really feel like I belong here. This is the longest I have been anywhere on my mission. It feels good to belong somewhere--I think that is a basic human need. 

Yesterday, we had a family of five come to church, 4 of which have a goal to get baptized February 15th.  So for that we are super excited! We received a referral from a member for the mother of her two grandsons and the two older children.  When we went to the house, they were willing to listen to us because of the change that they saw in the grandma when she joined the church.  They listened to the Restoration, accepted a baptismal date, and all four came to church on Sunday.  We were blessed to find the answer to our specific prayers--to find a family with children the ages to get baptized, ready to listen to the gospel, and attend church the same week.  The mothers name is Maria and her four oldest children would like to get baptized with her on Feb 15th.  We also still have Raul, the miracle from last week.  He had to go out of town for work, but he is excited to attend church this week and prepare to be baptized the 8th of Feb.  We are still doing a lot of finding, and working on turning our new investigators into progressing investigators and families.  We know that if they feel the spirit in the lessons, and then keep their commitments to pray and receive answers, they can receive power and light in their lives through a testimony of Jesus Christ and that this is His true church.

I am going to go, because we don't have much time today, and I really need to sleep a little bit, but I will write more next Monday when I am back in 9 de Julio.  Love you! 

xoxo,
Hermana Chloe


PS. I will take that picture for Jill Stewart.  We only have 3 young women here in our little branch, but they stand and recite the Y.W. theme every week. I'll get a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment