Monday, August 19, 2013

Change is Coming

Dear family and friends,

First off, Happy Birthday, Mom! Change is coming for you this week, Mom, but not for me, haha. Still no visa.  Anna starts her last day of elementary school and Marcus and Nicholas start their last day of high school, so big changes. How are you feeling about that? We had changes in our ward, too. That is awesome about the new Bishop and such.  I think that Bishop Dunn has a good ring to it, and Roger and Bro. Lyon will be awesome. 

This week was slow because Sister Guerra was sick from Tuesday until Friday.  She just had to rest a lot, but it's all good now.  I just don't have much new to report.  I got a lot of studying this week. 

This stake is getting super excited about missionary work.  Everything in the entire stake is about Missionary work.  We have such great leadership as our support.  Everything changes when everyone stops feeling like their duties are the most important and just focuses on missionary work. Everything else falls into place.  This area has really helped me see what kind of member I want to be when I get home.  There are two or three awesome missionary families in every ward, and my goal is to be one of them someday.  

This is a very exciting time for missionary work.  It is amazing to hear all the excitement, and then look down and see the name tag.  I get to be a missionary full time.  I love the work!  We see miracles everyday.  I am blessed to have met all these people.  I am growing more than I could have ever thought.  

Good luck everyone with the changes this week.  School will be great like it always is.  I can't believe that Roger finally got fired from being a seminary teacher! Seeing has how many students he has had go on missions now though he had a pretty good run, haha.  
Thanks for the letter on Saturday mom! 

xoxo,

Sister Walker


P.S. Mom, I really hope you had a great birthday. This time next year we will be together.  Which is weird to say, but true! Thanks so much for all the support you give me out here.  It makes such a difference to have a support system like I do out here.  I am so blessed!
Look what the Zone leaders did to our car :)
Sister Guerra and I
Cottonwood Heights







No comments:

Post a Comment